Saturday, December 20, 2008

This Economy

So I'd love anyones thoughts and ideas on this...

Here is my current frustration. So the economy sucks, yes we're all aware. I feel so thankful everyday that I have a job and so does my husband.

When the economy started going down the drain, we started making some changes. Things like not going out to eat AT ALL!! We changed the way we grocery shop, we even started going to a new grocery store. I try to buy less clothes :) and we've just become very frugal. Every purchase we make is very thought out, and something we both discuss. We've been able to do a great job of saving, and putting away some money. But here is my huge huge frustration..... keep reading....

I'm so sick of listening to people complain about it, but then they have no problem going out to eat. Or they go out and have a night on the town. Don't you realize how much these things cost? Or is it just that I am so paranoid about us going into the Great Depression that if seems Art and I are the only ones really truly changing the way we live. Things we used to get without a blink of the eye at the grocery store we take a second look at. It drives me CRAZY when people complain about money and then buy all these un-needed things!! CRAZY! I don't complain about money because I know that when we spend it sometimes its on something big and not really that responsible, but we are making daily changes in our lives to save and prepare for the what if's going on right now. But I'd really love for someone to inform me on why it is that most people who complain and cry about not having any money are the first ones to run out to eat, or grab a drink, or go to the movies, things that in reality aren't necessity. Why oh why...please tell me. I don't know why I even care, its not my life, but I just get soooo sick of hearing about it. If you really are being hit by this economy, you should be making small daily changes. What things can you live without for the time being? The economy will bounce back eventually, but wouldn't it be nice if you could learn a better way to live, and not spend on things that add up so quickly. All you coffee drinkers know how I feel about that!!! LOL! $4 or $5 a day adds up to around $120 a month...its the small things that we really can do without that add up.

Well there you have it, I'd love to hear anyones thoughts....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I fixed my comment section. Hooray!

Abbie said...

SING IT SISSTTERRRRRR!! :)

A-freakin-men, I tell ya! We too have cut back on all of the above things you mentioned, plus, we decided we don't REEEEAAAALLLY need cable, so we cut that and most shows we watch anyway are on the internet the next day where we can watch it. Cutting cable alone saved us about $60 a month! Maybe I'll potty train Sam right now, at three months old, then we can cut back on diapers....hmmmm....KIDDING. P.s. SO FUN that you have a blog now :)

Cami said...

I was reading the previous comment... I could never cut cable. or DVR. I would rather go without food. :)

I agree, Dave and I are on a strict budget now and we never eat out anymore (not even taking the kids to McDonalds!) I actually plan weekly menus and cook every night. I'm very domestic now. Whoda thought?

Anonymous said...

I have to say I TOTALLY agree! mostly with the coffee thing! I've always said that about the coffee drinker! $5 a day? Fucking ridiiculous waste of money!! go get a 99 cent Mt. Dew and it will give you the same buzz! LOL