Saturday, December 27, 2008

The stupid stupid stupid SALSA

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! That was loud, I know. But let me tell you about my salsa experience over the last ten mins, and last month... I know I have no life..but I'm REALLY annoyed.

Okay so I eat chips and salsa like they are going out of style, and most of the time I eat so much of them it replaces that meal. So about a month ago I was at Costco, and was like oh yeah I need salsa. I LOVE the "Pace Picante Medium"big bottle they sell there. So I got two, because I'm a pig, and could go through those easily in like 3-4 weeks. So I'm so excited to have chips and salsa later... and then I tasted the salsa! GROSS!! I don't know what was in there but it was not the normal stuff. Good thing I got two right, wrong. Opened the second one the next day, same thing. Gross and gross. They just weren't right, they weren't spicy and they tasted like poop. I was very sad as I love to shovel the chips and salsa into my face as fast as humanly possible. But no chips and salsa for me, because I couldn't stand the nasty taste.

So last night, at Costco I'm like okay lets hope this is a new batch and it will be better. But to be safe, I'll only get one. They're cheap enough, but I've already wasted like $10 on two that I won't ever eat again. So one it is. So about an hour ago, I decide, oh yes chips and salsa I can hardly wait. I opened the salsa and poured it in a bowl, it smelled normal. And my mouth started to water, I could hardly wait to shove it into my mouth...tried it...normal!!! HOORAY! It was soo good, so of course I keep eating and eating and eating. Then I go to put my un-eaten part back into the salsa container, get it all closed and go to put it in the fridge. When what happens...I DROP IT! It hits the floor and shatters (its plastic might I add ) and salsa goes everywhere within a 3 foot radius. All over my pants, and all over the fridge, all over my shoes, all over anything and everything. You can imagine the obscenities that were coming out of my mouth. The one ONE good salsa I have now ruined all over my floors...just staring at me, like hahahha you have to clean me up now. So now I've wasted what like $15 on stupid stupid salsa. And I finally get a good batch and I frickin drop it on the frickin floor...you've got to be kidding me. So that was a fun 15 minutes cleaning that up, and now my kitchen has this wonderful tomato and pepper smell. Its just lovely. I couldn't be any happier about the whole situation. Stupid salsa.

1 comments:

Brett and Katherine said...

OK Rebekah - First off you need to call Pace and complain about the crappy salsa. Usually you can end up with free stuff by doing this - second - I love your writing. I can actually picture the salsa flying all over your kitchen! Sorry it didn't have a happier ending! Love ya! Happy New Year! Katherine