Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Disney Cruise Part 2







Where did I leave off?? Oh yes...thats right...we had been screwed out of going to Castaway Cay for the day, I remember now.



So they say they have all these really "FUN" things to do. Which mostly consisted of adding on movie times and some character greetings. I was very depressed by this all. We decided to go see Bolt in 3D since we couldn't do anything else. Cute movie. After that, we decided it was time for the adults only pool. Or maybe the hot tub. It was pretty chilly out. So we hung out in the hot tub for a while, and some Disney Cast Members came by asking how our day was, I told them it would be ALOT better if I was at Castaway Cay, that got everyone in the hot tub free drinks. Thank you . We chatted with them a while, and I asked them all sorts of Disney stuff. That night we went to Disney Dreams, the musical show. Very good.



We also got to go to this party for repeat guests with our new friends Oliver and Rosie. We met the captain there and told him that to make up for this sadness of no CC, we'd want some Chocolate Souffle from Palo. Palo is an adults only restaurant on board that you have to pay to eat at. So the Souffle you can only get from there. He asked where we were eating, our table number and time. We gave it to him. I should also mention, that I had already asked our head server in the dining room the night before for some of this, and she said she'd work on it for tonights dinner. Long story short, we totally got the entire table Souffle!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm pretty sure everyone in the dining room was jealous...but thats okay, and it helped me feel much better about not getting to go to CC for the day.



Dinner over, and then we go take some pics of the characters. After that, its pack up and bed time. Is it really time to leave, I swear we just got on. So goes the 3 night cruise, on and then your off. Time flies. Next day, we have breakfast and get email addresses from new friends. Then its time to leave.... :( Sad sad sad.



But I was semi-okay with leaving because it meant we were headed to WDW and the Magic KINDGDOM!!! Hip Hip Hooray! We drove to the Contemporary resort where we'd be staying for our one last night. A really cool hotel, the closest one to magic kingdom and we've always wanted to stay there. So we decided to splurge and do it. Really cool and really nice. And you can walk to the park. And if you know how HUGE WDW is, you know that is very very rare. We went to the park, and stayed for a few hours. And of course my very favorite ride... Mickeys Philharmagic, was closed...what else is new, keep it up Disney...thanks alot! But then we got to meet up with my friend Kim and her hubby for lunch, and I haven't seen her in a while, so that was really cool. After lunch in Downtown Disney, we headed back to the hotel, we were in desperate need of a nap. So we slept for a couple hours and headed back to the magic kingdom. Something really cool that they do in WDW, is if you are staying on Disney property, you can go into the parks after hours, on certain days. So that was one good thing. Until we got there, and the place was packed...go stay at another hotel...leave my disney hotels for me! Why oh why were there so many people there...Its superbowl Sunday, they should be at home, spending quality time in front of the TV. I do NOT appreciate them here, standing in my lines. So we went on a few rides, and decided we didn't feel like dealing with all the people, so we left. Goodbye Magic Kingdom...I promise it won't be long.

Off to our hotel, to watch the last two minutes of the Superbowl. I know I'm an awesome wife for letting him watch the last two minutes! Thank you! :) Off to bed. We wake up for our last day in FL, which was my sister Sarahs birthday as well. We're going to the beach!!! Woohooo!!! Until that is we start driving there, and its TOTALLY raining! UGHGHHHH...we get there and its actually okay weather. Thank goodness. So we go have lots of fun on the beach and watch the annoying seagulls as they nearly attack us for our food. Stupid birds. Then we decide to take a nature walk ( this obviously must have been Sarah's idea, since I don't walk for fun....lol) Where it starts to rain, a little, then a lot, then downpour. So we got fairly wet and then sat in the car and talked. Are you kidding me....rain....RAIN~!! On my supposed to be sunny getaway and on my sisters birthday! The nerve!!!! It didn't let up and we eventually had to leave to go to the airport. Well the airport is another story for another day...so you're just going to have to keep waiting.

1 comments:

Cami said...

At least you for free drinks and dessert... Sorry Disney let you down so much!