Saturday, February 14, 2009

Disney Cruise Finale...the airport


So on our way to the airport from the beach. I'm hungry but starting to feel a little sick too. We turn in our rental car and tell the guy we're flying delta. Away we go in the shuttle, then I look at the documents and tell him ohhh it looks like Alaska is operating this flight so we'll need to go there. He insists that since it says Delta that's where we need to check in. I'm sorry since when did he know everything, I knew he was wrong...but to delta we went. Once we get there, half the computers are broken. And I'm feeling even more sick. We find one that works and put in our conf number. Then it says this flight is operated by Northwest, please input that conf #. So I try going through that way and it doesn't work. I tell the lady I need help and she's like in a minute. So finally she comes over and I tell her whats happening, she says well then I guess you better go to northwest. I tell her we're NOT flying northwest, its operated by Alaska, but ticketed through Delta, she looks at my itinerary and was like no you need to go to nw, I said...we're NOT even flying them...we're flying Alaska. Then shes like well then go to Alaska. I only wish I could get her rude I hate my job tone in here. She was not helpful, and I started to cry a little. I'm not much of a cryer anymore, but somehow the airport always stresses me out, plus I felt sick.

So away we go to find Alaska airlines, which was of course on the other side of the airport. So we get there, and there is no one in line and three people working the counter. We stand there and wait probably a good minute before they're done with their conversation and can help us. I'm on the verge of tears, so I tell art he's going to have to talk to them, he tells them the story and this lady was pretty nice, she's like oh okay no problem. Within 15 seconds we had our boarding passes. We walk down the hall, probably 2 minutes and stop so Art can go to the bathroom, while hes in there, I'm looking at our docs, and realize they only gave us the tickets from MCO to Seattle, but not our Seattle to Redmond tickets. Then I'm annoyed, and then I look at our luggage tags...yep sure enough, they checked them to Seattle. Ughhh, art's out in a few seconds and I tell him to run back and figure it out. I stay there as I don't want to start balling and freaking out.

When he comes back, I ask him how it went. He told me I don't want to know. He went over there and told the lady hey we just checked our luggage and you sent it to Seattle and not Redmond, and shes like WHAT!! Well why didn't you tell us that when you checked it. I can't do anything to help you NOW! He's like we just checked it two minutes ago...her: well sorry can't help you...TOMORROW, that's when you can get your luggage. I can't do anything to help you, you should have told us. I'm sorry, since when was it MY job to re-check what the people at the airlines have done to make sure they did it right? Seriously you are blaming us, for you checking our luggage to the wrong place. So art is like, I just want to know what I can do, and what we can do to make sure our luggage goes to Redmond, her: I can't help you, you'll have to do it in Seattle. OMG! Are you kidding me!!! What is going on!

So I'm pissed....royally pissed now, I'm like oh well at least the gate agent is usually more helpful. So we get to our gate and go up to the guy there. Art explains the luggage thing and how we need our connecting flight tickets and the guy is like I don't get it, why didn't they book it to the right place, we have no idea we tell him. He looks annoyed to be helping us, he's like oh well you can just deal with it in Seattle. I tell him we have a short layover and are afraid we won't make it, he's like well it'll show up eventually. I tell him , Also I'd like the names of the girls working at the ticketing counter, and he looks at me like I just asked him to name the president of the companies home address and phone number. He goes, uhhh right, how do you expect me to know who they are out of all those people working over there, I say well there are only 3 ladies working at the Alaska counter, so I'd like their names, He says, I don't even know how you expect me to find that out, I say well I want you to call the ticketing counter, cause I want to talk to their supervisor. He tells me there is no way he can do that. He then starts looking up our reservations, and tells us, he can't give us our connecting tickets and that we'll have to figure it all out in Seattle. That was enough, I had to walk away. I went into the bathroom and cried a little till I felt better.

I came out and Art is on the phone with Alaska Airlines trying to get everything taken care of. The lady on the phone is nice, and tells Art that she has no clue why no one will help us get our tickets to Seattle. She does a bunch of stuff, and like ten minutes of them talking we get paged up to the stand. The same guy slams down two tickets and goes, Phoenix called, here's your tickets, and NO I can't do ANYTHING about your luggage. I was like ohhhh my goshhh...you did not just do that to us! So eventually we board, and get to Seattle. Seattle people are much nicer, help us figure out our luggage, and we are good to go. We board our tiny little plane to Redmond, did I mention its now 11:00, by the time we board in Seattle. And we are on east coast time, so make that 2 am. Oh and did I also mention we have to work at 11 am. So we get to Redmond finally and I tell art that I will wait for the luggage and for him to go get the car. I wait forever, why on earth it takes so long for luggage at this airport I will never know. There is one terminal and one baggage claim. And the entire airport is like the size of my store. So why it takes so long is beyond me. Baggage finally comes and I take it outside to where I think the car will be waiting. Where is art with the car, I look all around and see art walking up. Wait where's the car. Art walks up and says, yep the cars dead. Seriously, no wait, are you serious. This is just great, its 12:15 am, (3:15 am to my body) and we still have to drive 20 minutes home. Ohhhh great. The police officer inside gives us a jump box after art tells him he can hold me as collateral, the guy found that quite funny. I didn't care, I just wanted to go home. He got it started finally, and home we went, for my like 3 hours of sleep and then off to work. Fun fun day. :(

1 comments:

Cami said...

I am at a loss for words. sorry.. Everything that could have went wrong did. Did you ever get their names? I would love to hear about your conversation with their supervisor!