Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Say goodbye to my bottled water... sad....

Okay so yes I know...biggest waste of money ever is....DING DING DING...bottled water. Yes I know, am I an offender of buying it all the time?? Sure am. But on Sunday when I went to costco, and saw that they jacked up the price for my cute little baby sized water like $4, I about died. Then when I went to be rang up, they charged bottle deposits!! What??? When did I move back to Cali?? Effective Jan 1st in Oregon, you have to pay deposits for bottled water. Well that just threw me over the edge. So my cute little waters (you know the like 8 oz size..they're adorable) that used to cost me like $5 for 48 or something, now cost me $12 with deposits!!! That's insane...

I'm going to a tap water drinker now...booohooo for me. I know its so stupid. But I've been drinking my good ole Kirkland brand bottled water for like 5-6 years. Its weird to not buy it. But man am I going to save money! So I went and got myself a new little cute Nalgene bottle (yes i went to five different stores to find the one I wanted) for work, and now I can help save the environment and save money. Yeah for me! :) Thankfully Oregon has great tap water...now if we move back to Cali someday...I might become a bottled water drinker again. Cause their water tastes like poop!! Its sooo gross.... but for now, I'll be going green by not wasting my water bottles.

1 comments:

Cami said...

OR you could just gather up TONS of bottles like we did when we were kdis and get the money back when you exchange them! :) Ha... good times.