Monday, April 20, 2009

Days 1 and 2 in Antigua
















Day one will go by pretty quick since we got to the resort around 4 and were in bed by 8. :) So we show up and it takes a while for check in. We're suppose to get to go into the special butler room, but no one takes us...sad. But I'll live, I'm in paradise. Finally our butler Cicell comes and gets us and takes us to our rondoval. Its the room I've been wanting to stay in forever, and at last I get to see it. Its an adorable little round house with our own private pool in back and big beautiful flowers all over. I love it! Its WAYYYY smaller than our previous rooms, but its adorable and only about 300 feet from the beach. I'm in heaven.










We tell the butler all the things we need, breakfast every morning at 9 and our order, and that we like to eat early for dinner, and that we want him to book all our dinners. So that night we go to Marios for dinner. We're practically zombies at dinner after our 27 hours of traveling with no sleep...so we decide after dinner its time for bed...We sleep a good 12 hours and wake up around 8:45 the next day...just in time to get our room service delivered and eat it out on our patio next to the pool. Now this is the life.










After breakfast its time to put on swimsuits and load up on sunblock and head to the beach. Its a beautiful HUGE beach, but it is public. Boo to this. Meaning anyone can walk around it, so there were kids wandering up and down the beach from the neighboring resorts, but they were pretty well behaved...so its all good. I just laid on the lounger for hours, its soooo beautiful that you can just let the entire day drift away while laying there watching the ocean and staring at all its beautiful colors. We decide to go up and go to the big pool for a while, and its a little cold. Not really, its just I was being a sissy. So we get in and have some drinks from the swim up bar, ahhhh now thats nice.










Next its time for dinner, so we get all dolled up and meet our other butler Maureen for the first time and she walks us over to our dinner where she has flowers all over the table for us, and its the restaurant on the beach. Its gorgeous. Arthur has a fun experience while at dinner. In Antigua there are a MILLION little lizard like gecko things, they're all over the place. Totally harmless and quite amusing to watch. Well during dinner, Art has something fall on his shoulder, swipes it off and looks down and its the body of a roach!!! Its moving all around, only it doesn't have a head, Art looks up and sees the little lizards chomping away on the roaches body, guess it wasn't hungry enough for the body! SICCKKKKK!!! So that was entertaining.










After dinner we saw Ken and Susan from the plane and sat with them for a while and just chatted and got to know them. After a little while its time for Name that Tune. So we decide we'll play. They have a DJ and a lady calling on people to answer it. Samantha was the employee with that job, well she keeps picking on the front table, and everyone is getting annoyed that she keeps picking them. She's suppose to call on the first hand she sees. Now granted they knew ALOT of songs that other people didn't....BUTTT they weren't always the first ones with their hands up. So the audience is getting annoyed, then the DJ tells her for everytime she calls on the wrong table she has to do a shot...so the audience gets into this, and keeps yelling shot shot shot, everytime we didn't like who she called on. So she keeps calling on the front table, and when its quiet for a second I yell...HEY TABLE ONE...and the lady turns around and I go...ITS ON, you're going down!!! She's like bring it...So we started a little fun war with them. Then me and Ken had to go up and dance to Michael Jackson in front of EVERYONE, thank goodness he offered to go up with me, there is no way Art was going up to dance. The crowd enjoyed Kens MJ moves. A little while later we had to go up and do the Macarana, which is always a crowd pleaser, so I went up and then pulled someone else with me.










Towards the end, they tell us they are going to do a tally on chips (everytime you got a song right, you got a chip) so all these people keep coming up to me going we want you to take out table one, so take our chips...I'm excited we might actually beat them. I've been glaring and talking trash to them all night, so it would be awesome to kick their butts...Well then I realize we're one chip away from tying with them, I look around and ask someone if I can have their chip and then the DJ is like CHEATER....you can't do that!!! Everyone was like yes she can, we gave them to her, so I took my chips up and tried to tie for first place...but the DJ wasn't having it...so then table one decided to start yelling SHOT SHOT SHOT!! ohhh no.....i do NOT do shots...yuck...but they keep going and eventually the DJ gets everyone to start chanting. Might I add this was not a normal size shot, but more like 8 oz of straight hard alcohol. I tell them I won't do it unless they admit we tied...they won't and I'm not getting off the hook here, I do the shot and its NASTY!!! Yuckkkkkk...Everyone cheers!










Name that tune is over and then a band comes out and starts playing and its dancing time. I make friends with Pam and Mary of table one, they were quite fun. Then I start a conga line and after that a limbo line....what can I say, I like to start things and make sure everyone is having fun. After starting those, I met alot of people and had lots of new friends, who as the week progressed would always glare at Pam and Mary of table one from the infamous name that tune night. I also got the nickname of troublemaker from that night...hmmm imagine that. After that it was definitely bed time, we'd had a great real first day, dancing, drinks, fake fights, limbo, conga line and a whole lot more. We were pooped.....

0 comments: