Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ohhhhh the joys, yep its another poop story.

So here's one to make you laugh.

So our restrooms at work are public. I mean they are in our backroom, but we let our clients and everyone use them. People for some reason just LOVE to take a crap in our bathrooms. Its like oh I gotta go, let me go stink up the bathroom at Ann Taylor Loft. I have people come in just for the bathroom...so anyways, here's the story.

On Sunday it was clean the bathroom day and its my turn. That's fine, whatever. Its disgusting and we clean the toilet once a week. Since so many people love to take a crap in our lovely restroom, there are always poop spots...like how on earth does your poop get in those spots, I do NOT understand. So I get my plastic gloves on and squirt the crap (no pun intended) out of the toilet with the cleaner, I get it all clean and scrub inside and out so its all pretty and ready for the next client to come stink it up.

Later in the afternoon I tell Mieke (my co mgr) that I gotta pee and I'll be right back. I go in and low and behold....poop stains, I'm like you have GOT to be kidding me...seriously, it's only been clean for like 5 hours!!!! I start walking towards the toilet and I realize there is poop smeared on the top of the bowl, like right underneath the seat. It looked like someone seriously picked it up and smeared it on there. DISGUSTING.... I run out and tell Mieke she has to go check it out. Did I mention Mieke has horrible gag reflexes and gags at everything. She's like no way, I'm not going in there. She goes and checks it out and is like I'm not cleaning that, and I said well I'm not either cause I already cleaned it today. So I told her to just get some gloves and spray a bunch of cleaner and maybe since it was fairly fresh it would like just run down the bowl and she could just use a paper towel to clean up the side. I said I'd clean the rest if she'd just get that part. So she goes in for the cleaning in a few minutes.

About 5-6 minutes later she comes back out to the floor, I ask her if she survived... She said well I sprayed it and it started running down and it was making me gag, I'm laughing a little, I'm not going to lie... and then she goes and then I went to clean it, and my keys broke and fell into the toilet. OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH....I had to run to the back I was laughing so hard, I nearly peed my pants.... Her keys to the store fell into the toilet that now had poop dripping into it. She had to reach in and get them. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at work in my entire life. If you only knew Mieke, and then thinking how funny the story is anyways....oh my gosh , her keys falling into the poopy water, and having to get them. Its just what timing those keys had deciding to break and fall in right then. Ohhhh the life of retail. Never a dull moment...Never.

3 comments:

Mieke said...

Ha Ha Ha. This still makes me nauseous. Soooo gross. My timing was perfect though!

Tiffany DanDjinou said...

This is pretty good, but the fart machine brought on some pretty good laughs as well.

Rob and Heidi said...

I have tears of laughter reading this. Love a good poop story! I remember how stinky the bathroom was at the Loft in Bridgeport. I told Sauna I would clean it if she'd get me rubber gloves. She said, "no, I want you on the floor". Thank goodness.....what was I thinking?!