Monday, June 22, 2009

So when did I miss ....

So when did I miss this memo coming out that taking your kids into a retail store was like taking them to the babysitter or childcare facility...meaning...

1) You do not need to watch your children in the store, its fine, that IS totally part of my job!
2) Its totally OKAY that they jump all over the fixtures and pull clothes down, and step on manni's and try to knock them over.
3) Its also totally fine that your children play with our window displays, as in we LOVE it when you shop in the back of the store and your sooooo "cute" child climbs on a ladder for display in the window, or thinks the big holiday loft letters are a jungle gym.
4) We also LOVE it when the husbands watch as they destroy the window displays, and when I so nicely ask, ohh hey could you please not have them play in there, I really don't want them to get hurt. And their response is well there shouldn't be things in here that can hurt them, they aren't doing anything wrong..... I'm SORRY WHAT?!?!?!?
did you seriously just say that it was OKAY for your child to be playing in our windows on things that could fall and hurt them, and then tell me that it was my fault. As if your child is so perfect and gods gift that they can literally play with whatever they want in the entire world. Oh yes, thats why we have so many spoiled brats today...thanks for clearing that one up.

Okay okay okay...I'm NOT a babysitter. I enjoy cute children who are well behaved...I'm about sick and frickin tired of all the moms who are bored at home, so they decide to bring their bratty kids into the store and let them run WILD throughout the store while they shop. Every five minutes you'll hear ohhh honey don't do that. They don't even know what they are doing because they can't even SEE where their child is at. It is sooo annoying!!!! We are not NOT NOT babysitters!!!! If your child is a brat, that is what strollers are for. Put them in one. Seriously. I'm sick of keeping an eye out for your childs safety and ensuring that they are ruining things in the store because you don't feel like watching them, and society has deemed it okay for you to leave your kids running wild through the store while you just ignore them and shop....ah yai yai. (sp??) Its really really obnoxious. That would be the equivalent to me coming to your house, yes you the complete stranger who I am sure is reading this, and me being like nope I don't want to talk to you, then pulling out all the pans in your kitchen and hiding them through the house, then standing on your furniture with my dirty shoes on and the proceeding to jump off you couch as high as I can , and really not care if you are bothered by it.

So if you are one of those parents (and I know most of my readers are NOT them) or if you know them....please tell them to stop being so frickin annoying. We aren't your babysitters so stop treating us like them. Thank you.

0 comments: